CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
-----, -----, Germany

Just Something Important...

"If ballet were easy it would b called football."

-Olive, Giggling Livie

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Alagaesia- The Land of 'Inheritence'

Eragon, is a fantasy read written by Christopher Paolini. He starting writing Eragon when he graduated from high school at fifteen. He became a New York Times best-selling author at ninetten. Out of the entire Inheritence trilogy, Chris has so far gotten through two books so far- Eragon and Eldest. Like other books, Eragon can b seen as 'boring' or 'confusing', but i actually think it's a good action-packed core book. i also think u should try it- bcuz it's definetly worthwhile.
i first read this book in 4th grade, not that i think any 4th graders should try reading it. it's kindof confusing 2 some ppl, though how it's confusing idk. so, i got bored and picked it up. there wuz sooooo many new things i read this time that i missed the other many times i read it in 4th-5th grade. it's a great book. seriously.
as i wuz going through the book, i marked a few short segments that i really, really liked. unfortunetly, i cannot show 2 many of these segments bcuz it's a 1-way spoiler 4 this book. so, i found this excerpt. i read it ovr a few times and i don't think it givs away anything 2 huge. i thought it wuz cute...

The herbalist's shop had a cheery sign and was easy to find. A short, curly-haired woman sat by the door. She was holding a frog in one hand and was writing with the other. Eragon assumed that she was Angela, the herbalist. On either side of the store was a house. "Which one do you think it is?" he asked.
Brom deliberated, then said, "Let's find out." He approached the woman and asked politely, "Could you tell us which house Jeod lives in?"
"I could." She continued writing.
"Will you tell us?"
"Yes." She fell silent, her pen scribbling faster than ever. The frog on her hand croaked and looked at them with baleful eyes. Brom and Eragon waited uncomfortably, but she said no more. Eragon was about to blurt something out when Angela looked up. "Of course I'll tell you! All you have to do is ask. Your first question was whether or not I could tell you, and the second was if I would tell you. But you never actually put the question to me."
"Then let me ask properly," said Brom with a smile. "Which house is Jeod's? And why are you holding a frog?"
"Now we're getting somewhere," she bantered. "Jeod is on the right. And as for the frog, he's actually a toad. I'm trying to prove that toads don't exist- that there are only frogs."
"How can toads not exist if you have one on your hand now?" interrupted Eragon. "Besides, what good will it do, proving that there are only frogs?"
The woman shook her head vigorously, dark curls bouncing. "No, no, you don't understand. If I prove toads don't exist, then this is a frog and never a toad. Therefore, the toad you see now doesn't exist. And," she raised a small finger, "if I can prove there are only frogs, then toads won't be able to do anything bad- like make teeth fall out, cause warts, and poison or kill people. Also, witches won't be able to use any of their evil spells because, of course, there won't be any toads around."
"I see," said Brom delicately. "It sounds interesting, and I would like to hear more, but we have to meet Jeod."
"Of course," she said, waving her hand and returning to her writing.
"Once they were out of the herbalist's hearing, Eragon said, "She's crazy!"

Like it? It's only a small part of Eragon, though. If ur curious, the woman- Angela the herbist- was actually based on Chris' sister. Cool! and btw, u'll b hearing more of Angela throughout the series so ur not done w/ her yet! ;)
INHERITENCE REPORT: Book three in the cycle is coming out soon- and it's only 12 days away (from when im writing this!) if u want the exact time you have 2 wait, and u want 2 learn more- u can go to http://www.alagaesia.com/index.php . Brisingr, is said 2 b a hit, but don't take my word 4 it! ;)

2 comments:

Coco Juniper said...

i nvr saw the Eragon movie, but wat i heard about it- it doesn't sound so good. every1 that i asked, said they hated it. but, don't let that dampen ur opinion on the book. i nvr actually saw the movie, so i don't really kno what im talking about. howevr, if u think that the movie wuz good, then pleez comment.

Coco Juniper said...

i just watched the Eragon movie. I wuz asleep b4 they even met Murtagh. Wow...wat a TERRIBLE movie.

Question of the Week: Do you agree with my opinions?:

My Blog List

  • I've been looking through movie art posters alot lately. There are some amazing artist who do these often. But in my opinion there is also a bunch who a...
    11 years ago
  • Cake Wrecks has moved! You are being redirected to the new site! If the redirect doesn't work, please go to either cakewrecks.com or cakewrecks.squarespac...
    12 years ago
  • Pineapples are my new weakness. LOL inside joke!!
    14 years ago
  • SOOOOO i havent posted in forever butttt i have strep so i thought i would just say hey ho say hey ho heeheheee i might post about halloween or writers con...
    14 years ago
  • Um...please don't hate me but I just kinda 4got about my blog...heheee, i even had trouble accessing my blog bcuz well c, I kinda 4got the *name *of my blo...
    14 years ago
  • This is Sad Charlie. Sad Charlie is sad because he hasn't been getting very many face/replaced pictures recently and has nothing good to post on the websit...
    15 years ago
  • I Love the Veronicas...yeh bizarrio huh? i'm listening 2 'Untouched' i luv those twins from Austrilia, right, or was it England? Haha, The Suite Life reall...
    15 years ago

Meh Followers

I Made That!

I Made That!
I think it may give an insight to who I am as a person and what i stand for. I haven't quite figured out yet if that should be worrying. Well, I like it anyway, so whatev.