CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
-----, -----, Germany

Just Something Important...

"If ballet were easy it would b called football."

-Olive, Giggling Livie

Monday, February 2, 2009

My Good Old Hyperventilating Partner

Hey yo. Nuthin' much happening. I had to work non-stop all day for 5 periods. I had to build the Theatre of Marcellus with a partner that was assigned to us, and finish it today. It was a testy time. My partner (which i will graciously, for this time call Phillips) was going into depression. Phillips 1) thought our model was horrible. 2) thought we didn't have enough time to finish it. and 3) hated the project from the start. He worked in a kindof raincloud, every now and again muttering about how we're going to fail, how this will affect his grades, and how he'll never get into Phillips (his dream school.)

I'm an optimist, so obviously i would think that he was just being dumpy and needed to get some sun. and sleep.

his mood didn't improve when we saw our competition. There are two groups constructing the Theatre of Marcellus, and the other group was basically finished with theirs.

It. Was. Gorgeous.

Beautifully constructed, killer detail, laser precision. Awwww, that's good. So, now my bubble of confidence got popped and we were both now stuck in despair. i didn't think we'd fail. Never. No, i was worried that we would blow over and come second-best to the other group.

Mr. Zee the art teacher came and bailed us out slightly, helping us with our paper mache a little. Still, now with all the layers of paint on it, i think it looks a lot like a chocolate cake. Especially with a bit of white paint sponged on at the front as frosting. Which made me hungry. Which made me even more miserable.

It was a long five periods.

My math teacher came in and investigated about half-way through. She took one look at our work and said with a half skeptical half appalled voice:

"It's big."

She stared at it for a few moments, then echoed it again. She was right of course. It's probably about 7 times bigger than the competition. It took both me and Phillips to lug it up the stairs to the art room, and down again. I was hoping that the largeness would make it more impressive, more eye-catching, better. But *sigh* i guess we're going to have to win her over with our chocolate-cake paint job, eh?

Well, the good news is that my math teacher promised us that we'll have the rest of the week to finish it. She kindof understands. She understands that a) she's given us THE hardest structure to build with all the stupid domes and loops and angles...b) we have never been looking forward to this from the start. so she was sympathetic. she told Phillips to chill and stop hyperventilating.

Not Likely.

1 comments:

Sweettropic said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha i kno i shouldn't laugh but dis is so FUNNY!!! btw is dat da thing jess wuz workn' on? send me a pic via cell pho! hahaha ok, dat wuz funny, Phillips reminds of dis kid, so i tink i know who ur partner wuz, i pity u

Question of the Week: Do you agree with my opinions?:

My Blog List

  • I've been looking through movie art posters alot lately. There are some amazing artist who do these often. But in my opinion there is also a bunch who a...
    11 years ago
  • Cake Wrecks has moved! You are being redirected to the new site! If the redirect doesn't work, please go to either cakewrecks.com or cakewrecks.squarespac...
    12 years ago
  • Pineapples are my new weakness. LOL inside joke!!
    14 years ago
  • SOOOOO i havent posted in forever butttt i have strep so i thought i would just say hey ho say hey ho heeheheee i might post about halloween or writers con...
    14 years ago
  • Um...please don't hate me but I just kinda 4got about my blog...heheee, i even had trouble accessing my blog bcuz well c, I kinda 4got the *name *of my blo...
    14 years ago
  • This is Sad Charlie. Sad Charlie is sad because he hasn't been getting very many face/replaced pictures recently and has nothing good to post on the websit...
    15 years ago
  • I Love the Veronicas...yeh bizarrio huh? i'm listening 2 'Untouched' i luv those twins from Austrilia, right, or was it England? Haha, The Suite Life reall...
    15 years ago

Meh Followers

I Made That!

I Made That!
I think it may give an insight to who I am as a person and what i stand for. I haven't quite figured out yet if that should be worrying. Well, I like it anyway, so whatev.