CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
-----, -----, Germany

Just Something Important...

"If ballet were easy it would b called football."

-Olive, Giggling Livie

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome

Do you ever feel like your blog is becoming a bit of a one-note-song?

Cuz I was looking back through all my posts.

And, I noticed something:

I was overusing the word "awesome."

and not a little, a lot. This is awesome...you are awesome...that's so awesome...I am awesome...etc.

And awesome is a great word. It summarizes me very well (heehee, lol). But, in the English language, there are so many incredible, magnificent, excellent, beautiful, super insane, elegant words to use, and awesome is just...average. A lot of people use awesome, I guess. By just using "awesome" all the time, you'll look average too. But if you use a wide variety of other sophisticated, meaningful words...well, you'll look like you know what you're talking about. why not experiment with other adjectives? Yes? No? Maybe so?

And awesome is great on occasion.

But if you look through my posts, you'll see what I meant by obsessing over the word. So now, I have created my own challange and goal, to limit my usage of the term. It'll go on for now until the end of March. It's like weight watchers, except for your tongue...?

So the next time you hear me say, "Oh meh gawsh, that _____ is so awesome!" or "Don't judge me, I'm awesome!" or "You rock, dudes! Awesome!", you have the privelege to...erm...yell at me? I guess. Yes? No? Maybe so?

So, until April 1st, that will be my challenge.

Until then my excellent readers.

0 comments:

Question of the Week: Do you agree with my opinions?:

My Blog List

  • I've been looking through movie art posters alot lately. There are some amazing artist who do these often. But in my opinion there is also a bunch who a...
    11 years ago
  • Cake Wrecks has moved! You are being redirected to the new site! If the redirect doesn't work, please go to either cakewrecks.com or cakewrecks.squarespac...
    12 years ago
  • Pineapples are my new weakness. LOL inside joke!!
    14 years ago
  • SOOOOO i havent posted in forever butttt i have strep so i thought i would just say hey ho say hey ho heeheheee i might post about halloween or writers con...
    14 years ago
  • Um...please don't hate me but I just kinda 4got about my blog...heheee, i even had trouble accessing my blog bcuz well c, I kinda 4got the *name *of my blo...
    14 years ago
  • This is Sad Charlie. Sad Charlie is sad because he hasn't been getting very many face/replaced pictures recently and has nothing good to post on the websit...
    15 years ago
  • I Love the Veronicas...yeh bizarrio huh? i'm listening 2 'Untouched' i luv those twins from Austrilia, right, or was it England? Haha, The Suite Life reall...
    15 years ago

Meh Followers

I Made That!

I Made That!
I think it may give an insight to who I am as a person and what i stand for. I haven't quite figured out yet if that should be worrying. Well, I like it anyway, so whatev.