CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
-----, -----, Germany

Just Something Important...

"If ballet were easy it would b called football."

-Olive, Giggling Livie

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Obama is Real

It feels...weird.

Bush not being president.

Obama in the house. No longer a campaign. A hope. A chance. A slogan. He's...real now.

His plans are real.
His promises are real.
McCain is not real.
Bush is not real. Bush is a man. Bush is a person. Bush is a citizen.

A citizen.

Like, not president.

Whoa.

OBAMA. IS. PRESIDENT. NOW.

The posters are down.
The ads are over.
The bumper-stickers are finished.
But the plans aren't.

I'm so used to thinking of Obama as an image. A poster. A speech. But all that's over. The election's over. Posters are now silly. Ads are useless. Bumper-stickers done. There's no slogan to hide behind, no campaign, no voters, it's all in the open. It's all vulnerably open.

The only things that are real now is the economy. global warming. education. iraq war. healthcare. those are still real.

there is no longer a hope.

there is Obama.

It's all in his hands now. Good luck new president. To show my support I have put an Obama button on the side-bar.

7 comments:

Coco Juniper said...

it's appalling. mind-blowing. god-smacking.

Coco Juniper said...

Whoa.

livielove said...

heeey sophie! its olive (olivia, but peoples r like starting to call me olive now, livie dont like that sooo much.....) anywayz 2 get 2 the point: HIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

livielove said...

hi again im bored lol

Wickedly Jess said...

hi coco

Coco Juniper said...

hi Olivia ^_^ luv ur new username.

hi pebbles!

Coco Juniper said...

hi Olivia ^_^ luv ur new username.

hi pebbles!

Question of the Week: Do you agree with my opinions?:

My Blog List

  • I've been looking through movie art posters alot lately. There are some amazing artist who do these often. But in my opinion there is also a bunch who a...
    11 years ago
  • Cake Wrecks has moved! You are being redirected to the new site! If the redirect doesn't work, please go to either cakewrecks.com or cakewrecks.squarespac...
    12 years ago
  • Pineapples are my new weakness. LOL inside joke!!
    14 years ago
  • SOOOOO i havent posted in forever butttt i have strep so i thought i would just say hey ho say hey ho heeheheee i might post about halloween or writers con...
    14 years ago
  • Um...please don't hate me but I just kinda 4got about my blog...heheee, i even had trouble accessing my blog bcuz well c, I kinda 4got the *name *of my blo...
    14 years ago
  • This is Sad Charlie. Sad Charlie is sad because he hasn't been getting very many face/replaced pictures recently and has nothing good to post on the websit...
    15 years ago
  • I Love the Veronicas...yeh bizarrio huh? i'm listening 2 'Untouched' i luv those twins from Austrilia, right, or was it England? Haha, The Suite Life reall...
    15 years ago

Meh Followers

I Made That!

I Made That!
I think it may give an insight to who I am as a person and what i stand for. I haven't quite figured out yet if that should be worrying. Well, I like it anyway, so whatev.