CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

About Me

My photo
-----, -----, Germany

Just Something Important...

"If ballet were easy it would b called football."

-Olive, Giggling Livie

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"We Have Chose Hope Over Fear" - President Barack Obama, Inauguration Speech '09


Deep, dramatic words...but then, again- we liv in a deep dramatic world. Go figure! *cough cough*

Well, i watched the inauguration today during school. I thought it was truly a masterful experience. Corny already? Sorry.

Since I'm hoping you all know what I'm talking about, I won't give you a summary, but rather stuff I noticed during it.

*When barack obama was giving his oath, it looked like he messed up. IS NOT SO. The guy of justice who was reading it to him, messed up and did it in the wrong order. Barack Obama started to repeat what he said, then realized it was wrong and stopped.

*He thanked George Bush for his "generosity and cooperation." Careful, careful words. I feel an undercurrent of emotion under that. It's saying "you messed up big-time, but I forgive you because I'm the President of the United States."

*His speech was very powerful. Good job, Barack Obama. There was lots of poetic rhythm, moving points, and a uniting conclusion. There was lots of stuff i wanted to record and take note on, but couldn't. There was one phrase, though, that I remember and have written down (apart from, you know, the quote in the title). Ahem. "We are ready to lead once more." Again, a cautiously meneuvered diss to G. Bush. Nicely done, President. *applauds*

*This probably shouldn't matter, but it occured to me that he was wearing a red tie. Which was strange, since he was a democrat he usually wore a blue tie for the campaign. I wonder if this is a blow to McCain. I'm the president, and I can wear any color tie I want. Ha. Haha. Ha-a-a-a. Or maybe I'm becoming paranoid.

Over to the right you would have noticed a picture. I drew it on lined paper (sorry) while watching the campaign. It shows Obama, Michelle (his wife), his two daughters, Biden, and then teh unfinished head to the side was going to be Bush. So here it is. Pretty bad, huh? I'm sorry. I didn't have a table or book or anything to lean on, so i used my knee. Tell me what you think.

0 comments:

Question of the Week: Do you agree with my opinions?:

My Blog List

  • I've been looking through movie art posters alot lately. There are some amazing artist who do these often. But in my opinion there is also a bunch who a...
    11 years ago
  • Cake Wrecks has moved! You are being redirected to the new site! If the redirect doesn't work, please go to either cakewrecks.com or cakewrecks.squarespac...
    12 years ago
  • Pineapples are my new weakness. LOL inside joke!!
    14 years ago
  • SOOOOO i havent posted in forever butttt i have strep so i thought i would just say hey ho say hey ho heeheheee i might post about halloween or writers con...
    14 years ago
  • Um...please don't hate me but I just kinda 4got about my blog...heheee, i even had trouble accessing my blog bcuz well c, I kinda 4got the *name *of my blo...
    14 years ago
  • This is Sad Charlie. Sad Charlie is sad because he hasn't been getting very many face/replaced pictures recently and has nothing good to post on the websit...
    15 years ago
  • I Love the Veronicas...yeh bizarrio huh? i'm listening 2 'Untouched' i luv those twins from Austrilia, right, or was it England? Haha, The Suite Life reall...
    15 years ago

Meh Followers

I Made That!

I Made That!
I think it may give an insight to who I am as a person and what i stand for. I haven't quite figured out yet if that should be worrying. Well, I like it anyway, so whatev.